Hello, knitters! Here’s a new pattern to keep you warm now that it’s winter. Madison’s hat is named for our niece; I made the first hat for her. It’s a very very easy Fair Isle hat that I strongly recommend for people who are new to stranded knitting. Why? Because the hats I made with this pattern over the last few days are the first Fair Isle patterns I’ve ever knitted. If I can jump right into it, so can you.
The hats are made with bulky yarn so they knit up fast. And it’s fun, because the knitting changes so frequently. You keep saying to yourself “one more round… just… one… more…” because you want to see how the color pattern develops.
Some people have made this hat and posted their own pictures! I will link to photos here, so send me your URL if you post pictures of hats knitted from my pattern, and I will link to you:
- Pink and brown Madison’s hat by geetargeek
- Two Madison’s hats (with customization!) by Mariella
- Two blue and cream Madison’s hats by Disembodiment (see this photo too)
- A grape and cream Madison’s hat in progress by Samah
- Two brown and gray hats by Carrie (check out the other pics of the hat on her Flickr stream as well)
- A lovely variegated hat by Leah
This pattern is Worthware — that means, if you like it, please send what you think it’s worth via the PayPal button here. I hope you think it’s worth something. Thanks for looking at my pattern!