This is a bit different from my other knitting posts. Because this time, I not only finished knitting something… I designed it and wrote up a pattern for it as well.
I basically wanted wristwarmers that didn’t cover the thumb or the knuckles, because the ones I have that do interfere with my typing. And I wanted to try a cable, a really obvious one. But not just a plain rope cable, as that seemed a little too boring. So I went off looking for a cable pattern I liked that would fit on the back of the wristwarmers. I found a loose braid in the Knitters’ Bible (I think) and liked it, so that is what I used.
I gave the wristwarmers ribbed cuffs and a two-row buttonhole-style thumbhole. They are made of Cascade Pastaza, bulky yarn that is 50% Peruvian Highland Wool/50% Llama wool. I am wearing them now as I type this. 🙂
You can download the pattern I wrote right here. If you like it, please let me know.
Here are a couple more pics (click to see the larger ones at Flickr):
Some people have made these wristwarmers and posted their own pictures! I will link to photos here, so send me your URL if you post pictures of wristwarmers knitted from my pattern:
- Off-white wristwarmers by Pam
- Gray wristwarmers by Chrissy
- Purple wristwarmers by Omknitter
- Blue wristwarmers by AK_neve
- Gray wristwarmers by Mazhalai
- Orange wristwarmers by Frog Happens
- Pink mohair wristwarmers by KathyR
- Pinkish-gray wristwarmers by Acornbud
- Variegated blue and brown wristwarmers by Kambybolongo
- Khaki wristwarmers by Kristen
- White wristwarmers by KellyK
- Purple wristwarmers by nightowl_too (large photo here)
- Purple wristwarmers by Kristiina
- Striped wristwarmers by soomp — they look really nice in Paton’s SWS!
- Three pairs by Heather including another gorgeous Patons SWS pair.
- Blue wristwarmers by knitty mcknitknit in pretty Manos yarn!
- Tweedy green wristwarmers by J. Layne
- Cool variegated wristwarmers by Jana (and baby ones too!)