OK, it’s officially autumn now, so let’s see what autumnal tunes iTunes Party Shuffle gives me today:
- “I Got You” — Split Enz: One of the greatest pop hooks ever. The verse was weak; Neil Finn’s songwriting still had some improvement ahead. But it didn’t matter — that chorus!
- “Daily Mutilation” — The Posies: Why are there always Posies songs in my Random Ten? Well, I have more than 300 Posies tracks on my computer. That would do it.
- “Give Up The Funk (Tear The Roof Off the Sucker) — Parliament: Apparently Party Shuffle really wants to party today.
- “Lost in Space” — Glenn Tilbrook: Ex-Squeeze guy, now doing great solo stuff.
- “Voices” — Cheap Trick
- “Precious” — Pretenders: This is probably one reason why I wore Chrissie Hynde’s haircut for most of the 1980s.
- “Tall Cool One” — The Wailers: Not the reggae Wailers, but the Pacific Northwest band from the early 1960s. One of the all-time great instrumentals.
- “Brighter Than Sunshine” — Aqualung: I generally avoid bands named after anything related to Jethro Tull. But hey! I like this.
- “The Man I Used To Be” — Jellyfish
- “Obvious Song” — Joe Jackson
Hmm. Not that autumnal, really.