I designed a tiny scroll, tied with red ribbon, that
listed the names of the wedding party and the officiant, contained a quote
from It's A Wonderful Life and thanked everyone for being our friends,
and listed my new married name. Basically, it was an elaborate "At Home"
card, since otherwise we wouldn't have needed a program. I used a fancy
hole punch to decorate it, and printed it on special paper.
Here's the text of the program:
Wendi Anne Dunlap
Jason Rudy Simpson
27 December 1996
We would like to thank all of you for being here with us as we celebrate
our wedding vows. This is the happiest night of our lives, and your being
here makes it even happier.
"No man is a failure who has friends."
Clarence, It's A Wonderful Life
Thank you, one and all, for being our friends.
-- Wendi and Jason
- Officiant: Judge Carolyn J. Hayek (Ret.)
- Best Man: John Walker
- Maid of Honor: Shari Walker
- Ring Bearer: Eryk Walker
- Flower Girl: Kayleigh McCusker
- Parents of the Groom: Gary and Sherry Simpson
- Parents of the Bride: Ann D. Fulton, Jerry and Ann Dunlap
- Grandparents of the Groom: Rudy and Elizabeth Simpson, Loretta Fox
- Grandparents of the Bride: Maxine Haufler, Joann Lawes
- Processional Music: "The Bells of Dublin/Christmas Eve", the Chieftains
- Post-Ceremony Music: "When You Wish Upon A Star", Pinocchio soundtrack
Wendi Dunlap Simpson
At home after
January 5, 1997
(our address here)
Seattle, Washington, 98144
Back to Index
© 1997 by Wendi Dunlap Simpson and Jason Simpson